The Centre is situated at Avenida Oeste 29 bajo, 03709 La Xara (next door to the Tabac)
Telephone: 966 427 044 or Email: email@example.com
Loans & General Enquiries - Mon to Fri from 10.00am until 2.00pm (excluding bank holidays)
Care & Social Activities - Mon to Fri from 10.00am until 4.00pm (excluding bank holidays)
The HELP Centre has three main purposes:
- Administration and information
- To provide help and information to the general public on a wide range of subjects related to living in Spain either by face to face contact, telephone or email.
- To administer and co-ordinate our membership records and volunteers offers of assistance.
- To provide general admin support when required.
- Loan of equipment
- The bulk of the loan equipment is kept at the centre and is available for loan at the times specified above or at other times in an emergency.
- See the separate web page “Equipment for Loan” for details of equipment available and contact information.
- Care and social activities
- The facilities are primarily aimed at people who need a short respite from their current situation, and are perhaps being cared for by family or friends, who in turn may feel the need for a short respite. If you are a carer and need a respite day, please call the Help Centre to make arrangements for your relative or friend to visit the centre on a one-off or a more regular basis. Of course all carers are also welcome to come to the centre.
- We now have fixed activities on certain days of the month as follows:
First Monday of the month – Luncheon club
Second Monday of the month – Games day
Third Monday of the month – Luncheon club
Fourth Monday of the month – Games day
Fifth Monday of the month – Coffee morning
Thursday of every week – Gentle yoga exercise
Every few weeks – Professional chiropodist (Contact HELP Centre for dates)
(There may be the occasional changes to the activity schedule, so please contact the HELP Centre to confirm the monthly dates.)
- The centre and its facilities are also available to anyone that maybe living alone, or recovering from illness, and would like to meet with other people in similar circumstances to participate in friendly social activities.
- There are always a number of HELP volunteers available during the activity sessions at the centre. If you would like to attend but would have problems getting to the centre, please contact us at the HELP Centre, as we may be able to provide assistance for you with transport.