HOW "HELP" WORKS
- Persons of all nationalities are invited to enrol as Volunteers.
- All Volunteers do what they can in emergencies, but are assured of additional assistance from other volunteers when required, especially those within their own district.
- An Executive Committee meets monthly to review the activities and possible expansion of "HELP", and to account for the funds received and disbursed.
- The personal services of "HELP" Volunteers are free. However, persons helped are expected to meet Volunteers' out-of-pocket expenses (transportation costs, telephone calls, etc.)
- Meetings of all Volunteers are held periodically to liase with the Committee, and to co-ordinate and update information.
WHAT "HELP" DOES
- Provides neighbourly assistance to all nationalities in cases of medical or other emergencies in Denia and adjacent communities.
- Provides a Help and Information desk at the Denia hospital, Monday to Friday 11.00am to 2.00pm.
- Provides a volunteer translation service at the Denia hospital, Monday to Friday 11.00am to 2.00pm.
- Provides a wide range of medical and home nursing equipment.
- Provides cars with volunteer drivers for transporting patients to and from medical facilities.
- Provides respite care in hospital or in the home.
- Provides shoppers and cooking for the housebound.
- Provides volunteer hospital visitors for English speaking patients twice weekly on Tuesday and Friday afternoons.
- From moneys donated, by individuals and organisations, "HELP" donates equipment to the La Pedrera and Hospital de Denia hospitals, including specialised beds and mattresses and other equipment for long-term bed or seriously ill patients out in the community. "HELP" also donates specialised equipment to Community Health Centres in the Denia & District area, for use out in the Community as decided by the Health Centre Social Service Officers.
- Provides a HELP Centre for respite care and social activity. See Help Centre on a separate web page.
WHAT "HELP" DOES NOT DO:
- “HELP" is not intended to provide continuing practical assistance to the chronically ill over extended periods.
- “HELP" does not advise on legal, financial or property matters.
- “HELP" does not provide money to cover medical aid or other types of emergency requirements.
ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGARD ANY INFORMATION GIVEN AS CONFIDENTIAL