HOSPITAL DE DENIA in LA XARA, HOSPITAL VISITING TEAM
Every Tuesday and Friday afternoon "HELP" of Denia and Marina Alta have volunteers who visit English-speaking patients in the new Hospital de Denia in La Xara.
The volunteers are there to give help and assistance in circumstances such as:
- if there is a communication problem with the staff (although it must be remembered that these volunteers are NOT interpreters and not all visiting teams speak Spanish)
- if a patient has been admitted as an emergency and they need to contact a relative or friend
- if a patient has forgotten to bring some item to the hospital
- if they wish to buy a newspaper or magazine
- if they wish to borrow English books
- or if a patient just wants to speak English to someone.
If you feel you would like to join this worthwhile team or if you know of someone who is a patient in Hospital de Denia and could benefit from our services please contact Chris Buckingham through the HELP Centre in La Xara.
Telephone: 966 427 044
LA PEDRERA HOSPITAL in DENIA, HOSPITAL VISITING TEAM
La Pedrera Hospital offers long term care to patients recovering from strokes, heart attacks, broken hips, etc. Here patients receive physiotherapy and recuperation for up to three months, so the visiting needs are different from the Hospital de Denia.
The hospital serves a very wide area and it is sometimes difficult for families to visit the patient on a daily basis. We try to match our visitor to the patient and we arrange to visit at least once a week and if necessary more frequently. We try to be a friend to the patient.
All volunteers have to be accredited as part of the voluntary service at La Pedrera Hospital.
If you feel you would like to join this worthwhile group please contact Eileen Dart through the HELP Centre in La Xara.
If you know of someone who is a patient in La Pedrera Hospital and could benefit from our services please let us know, via the HELP Centre.
HELP Centre, La Xara – Telephone 96-642-7044, email email@example.com